WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. – The James V. Brown Library, 19 E. Fourth St., through the state’s POWER Library portal, is now offering the Transparent Language Online.
Whether you’re a true language-learning beginner, dusting off your old high school Spanish, or eager to tackle your tenth language — Transparent Language Online will help you get started and stick with it.
With Transparent Language, you can learn any of the 120+ languages, including:
- American Sign Language
- English (ESL/ELL) learning content for speakers of over 30 languages
- 30+ endangered North American and world languages (with more added every year!)
- Practice listening, speaking, reading, and writing/typing with interactive lessons and courses
- Build and maintain your vocab with vocab-focused lessons and a strategic review system that keeps it all fresh
- Learn anytime, anywhere with mobile apps that include offline and hands-free modes
- Explore a wide range of interests through courses focused on travel, workplace language, and beyond
To access this database, visit jvbrown.edu, click on “Online Resources” and then Digital Resources for Adults and scroll down to the Transparent Language Online icon button. You will need your Library Card number to access the database. If you need help with this, please call the library at 570-326-0536, and a member of the public service staff can assist you.
The James V. Brown Library, along with libraries everywhere, continues to adapt and expand services to meet the evolving community needs. To sign up for a library card or to learn more about the library’s resources and programs, please visit jvbrown.edu.
**NOTE NEW EXPANDED HOURS STARTING NOV. 6!**
The James V. Brown Library is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through
Thursday; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday; and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. To place a hold, visit www.jvbrown.edu or call 570-326-0536 during the library’s operating hours. Walk-in passport services are available from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays.
The James V. Brown Library, 19 E. Fourth St., Williamsport, Pa., is the place to go to learn, connect and grow. Founded in June 1907, the library champions the love of reading, opens new doors to lifelong learning, provides a haven to those who seek and ensures the preservation of public library services for future generations. The library has more than 225,000 visitors in a year and circulates a half-million items annually. A member of the Lycoming County Library System, the James V. Brown Library participates in PA Forward, a statewide initiative to promote literacies in our communities to power a better future for everyone.