Applying for a US Passport at the LibraryWe are an official Passport Acceptance Facility and an authorized photo service.
Passport hours are: Monday – Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm and Sunday 12 to 4pm.
No appointment is required.
Please call (570) 326-0536, extension 112 for more information.
- All passport applicants must apply in person, regardless of age.
- When a child is under 16, both parents must be present and show identification when applying for their child’s passport. If one parent is unable to come, a notarized Statement of Consent from the absentee parent can be used.
- Currently, routine passport processing now takes between 6-8 weeks (subject to change).
- If you need your passport urgently, please see: How to Get Your Passport in a Hurry
- Both Passport Card and Passport Book can be used in place of a REAL-ID complaint license for domestic commercial air travel.
- Passport Card – Not for travel by air. Valid for land and sea crossings between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean only.
Please see the U.S. Department of State website for further information.
|Passport Card Fee||Passport Book Fee||Passport Card Fee||Passport Book Fee|
|Minors (under 16)||Minors (under 16)||Adult||Adult|
|check or money order only||check or money order only||check or money order only||check or money order only|
|Passport Fee is paid separately from Facility Fee|
|+ $35||+ $35||+ $35||+ $35|
|Facility Fee||Facility Fee||Facility Fee||Facility Fee|
|cash / check / money order / cc||cash / check / money order / cc||cash / check / money order / cc||cash / check / money order / cc|
- One (1) passport photo
Brown Library staff will take your passport photo for a $10 fee. Otherwise, see the passport guidelines (Guidelines available here).
- Passport Application Forms
You will need the DS-11 form to submit your application. The forms are available at the Library, or you can print them from the Passport Agency website.
- Proof of Citizenship
You need either a certified copy of your Birth Certificate issued by the city, county or state of your birth OR a current or previous U.S. Passport OR an original Certificate of Naturalization. As of April 1 2011, birth certificates now need to show the names of both parents. If both parents are not listed, the applicant will need apply for a new birth certificate.
- Proof of Identity
As proof of identity adults may show one of the following: a previous U.S. passport, a Naturalization Certificate, a current valid U.S. driver’s license, a U.S. state issued identification card, a Military I.D. card, or Government (city, state or federal) issued photo I.D. card.