State educational tax credit program benefits library
The James V. Brown Library is an approved Educational Improvement Organization (EIO) by the PA Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) and is eligible for Educational Improvement Tax Credit funds (EITC) from local businesses.
This unique academic enrichment opportunity allows the library to offer free innovative educational programs to students of all ages. Businesses that donate to the library may receive a tax credit equal to 75% of its contribution or 90% for a two-year commitment.
The library’s approved programs are:
- Boom, Fizz POP! – A science-standard based program for students in grades kindergarten through second (K-2).
- I Spy Photography – This program engages a child in creative thinking by expression through the arts and photography for students in grades kindergarten through second (K-2).
- Digital Arts Camp – This program focuses on digital programming from animation to film to robotics for those in grades 4 and older.
- Teen Comic and Manga Club – This club for students in grades 6 to 12 give teens an opportunity to conceive and create original comics and build Claymation creations that are used in stop-action videos.
- Summer Learning Program
Created by the Pennsylvania State Department of Community and Economic Development, the EITC program provides tax credits for businesses that make qualified contributions to organizations that provide educational improvement programs, scholarship opportunities and/or pre-kindergarten education.
The tax credits allow companies to reinvest those dollars directly back to local communities. Most importantly, the program helps to improve Pennsylvania’s education system for students and families.
To learn more, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development – Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC) at https://dced.pa.gov/programs/educational-improvement-tax-credit-program-eitc/
To speak with the Development Director about a business donation, call 570-327-2957.
Many thanks to the organizations that support the EITC program at the Library, including:
- C&N Bank
- Fulton Bank
- Jersey Shore State Bank
- PPL Corporation
- Susquehanna Community Bank
- UGI Utilities, Inc.
- UPMC Diversified Services
- Weis Markets, Inc.