Do you love browsing through cookbooks and trying new recipes? Do you enjoy sampling and sharing new dishes? Then grab your apron and sign up for the James V. Brown Library’s “Cooks Book Club.”
We pick a theme and select several cookbooks, you pick and make a recipe, then we all get together to share the finished products. The club will meet at noon on the third Tuesday of each month in the Small Meeting Room on the third floor of the Welch Family Wing.
Here’s how it works:
1. Select a cookbook from the display at the Help Desk on the main floor of the Vintage Wing. You may check out the book for a limit of four days. This ensures all participants have access to the cookbooks.
2. Spend some time perusing the cookbook and sample a few recipes. Recipe testing worksheets are also available to aid in the discussion.
3. Register online at www.jvbrown.edu or by calling 570-326-0536 to attend and make a recipe from the cookbook and bring samples to the meeting.
4. Join us for a lively discussion of the cookbooks and some delicious taste tests!
5. Return to step one, and get ready for the next fabulous month!
Themes and dates are:
· June 19 – Greek Cuisine
· July 17 – Sweet and Savory Fruit
· August 21 – Fresh From the Garden
Registration is required. Visit calendar.jvbrown.edu to register or call 570-326-0536.
This program is one of the many ways Pennsylvania public libraries support the PA Forward Initiative by providing health and social literacy opportunities for learning. With a strong health literacy background, Pennsylvania residents can manage their family’s well-being to live longer, more productive lives.
The James V. Brown Library is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday; noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; and 24/7 at www.jvbrown.edu.