Have you ever wanted to be part of a cookie exchange but didn’t know how to get started? The James V. Brown Library, 19 E. Fourth St., can help!
The library will host a community cookie exchange at 6 p.m. on Monday, December 19 and again at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, December 20. Participants will gather and sample cookies, decorate boxes, share recipes and holiday cheer.
Registration is required and can be made at calendar.jvbrown.edu. Once registered, send an email to Adult Programming Coordinator Jessie Young at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 12 with what cookie you plan to bring to prevent duplicates.
The rules are simple:
1. All cookies must be homemade, baked and the main ingredient must be flour. No burned cookies please.
2. Please, no cookies mixes, sliced, store-bought roll cookies, or no-bake cookies. Also, think about portability: Cookies should be somewhat sturdy and if iced, not easily smeared.
3. Please bring a total of five (5) dozen total cookies.
4. Bring a copy of your recipe or email me a copy at email@example.com and I will make copies for you.
5. Everyone will leave with a wonderful assortment – approximately 4 dozen – of home-baked cookies and recipes right in time for the holidays.
6. We will vote on our favorite cookie and there will be a prize!
This program is one of the many ways Pennsylvania public libraries support the PA Forward Initiative by providing civic and social literacy opportunities for learning.
The free program will be presented in the Lowry Room on the third floor of the Welch Children’s Wing. Registration is required. Visit calendar.jvbrown.edu to register or call 570-326-0536.
The James V. Brown Library is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday; noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; and 24/7 at www.jvbrown.edu.