Internet Acceptable Use Agreement
The James V. Brown Library offers Internet access to ALL library cardholders. All users will agree to this policy by selecting ‘I Agree’ at the bottom of this page. This constitutes a digital signature.
- Display of sexually explicit graphics on any viewing screen is a violation of the Pennsylvania Criminal Code, 18 PA C.S. 5903 and is strictly prohibited.
- User agrees to refrain from illegal or unethical use of the Internet.
- User agrees not to install, alter, remove or damage configurations, software or hardware and recognizes that add-on products for the web may not be available for public use.
- User agrees not to misrepresent self or to attempt to gain unauthorized access either inside or outside the library.
- User recognizes there may be copyright restrictions on some materials found on the Internet that prohibit downloading.
- User recognizes that when using public computers to place orders on the Internet, others may access personal information such as credit card numbers.
- Patrons should be aware that this and all Internet terminals are filtered pursuant to the Children’s Internet Protection Act. The internet filter includes but is not limited to, obscenity, child pornography, and anything classified as harmful to minors.
- Minors need to be aware of inappropriate behavior on the internet. If an inappropriate site should come up, they must immediately contact the staff so that IT department can add it to the blocked site list.
- The use of electronic email, chat rooms and other forms of communication are allowed to be used as long as they are used in a proper manner. There is no tolerance of inappropriate behavior in the use of these communications.
- Hacking and any other unlawful activities will not be tolerated in any manner.
- Unauthorized disclosure, use and dissemination of personal information regarding minors is prohibited.
- User’s access to the James V. Brown Library and use of the Internet at the James V. Brown Library may be terminated for any perceived or suspected violations of the above provisions.