There are many ways to help your child reach their reading goals for the James V. Brown Library’s summer reading program.
Along with traditional books, the library also offers TumbleBooks, which are animated talking books and chapter books, available through our website here.
TumbleBooks are storybooks that come to life in an educational and interactive way. TumbleBooks can read a story to a young child, or children can read-along with chapter books, watch videos that support learning, or play along with a collection of puzzles and games that accompany each book.
Experts recommend that children read at least eight books over the summer months to prevent “summer slide,” the learning loss that takes place while kids are out of school.
If you have an active library card, you can use the following TumbleBooks for free:
TumbleBook Library (For ages 1 through elementary school)
- 300+ TumbleBooks
- Mobile compatible for iPad, iPhone and Android devices (Click on the iPad link on book titles)
- 23 Read-Along Chapter Books, 160 TumbleGames
- 50 nonfiction books, 50 videos and TumbleQuizzes
- With more than 300 titles and reading levels from grades 3-6, this is a great option for young readers who wish to go beyond the picture book collection.
- TumbleBookCloud junior contains early-reader chapter books, children’s classics, graphic novels, children’s audio books and new National Geographic videos.
- TumbleBookCloud is our middle school and high school collection, which contains more than 400 titles.
- This collection contains a vast array of YA/Teen novels, classics, poetry, short stories, YA/Teen audiobooks, popular graphic novels and world-class educational videos from National Geographic.
Encouraging children to read – no matter what the format – is just one way the library champions the love of reading for kids of all ages.
To get a library card online, click on “Using the Library.” The James V. Brown Library is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and 24/7