Programs Tweens (Gr.3-7) & Teens (Gr.8-12)
Click here to see the complete calendar of programs and to register for a program. Registration is required for many programs due to space limitations or materials.
- Chess Club – Come and learn to play chess. This non-registration class is for beginners, but all levels are welcome. We will be learning the rules of the game and how the pieces move, how to read and write chess moves in algebraic notation, basic principles for opening, mating patterns, tactical patterns and the history of the game. No registration required.
- Monthly Book Chats – Come out for a fun night that pairs an activity with a book for readers age 8-12 or in grades 3-7. Participants will be given a copy of the book in advance.
- Trash to Treasure – Tweens and teens in grades 3 and up are invited to help the James V Brown Library recycle as we turn old bottle caps, CDs, paper, jars, and more into awesome works of art to take home–and to decorate our library!
- Tween Duct Tape Designs – Come and learn how to create your own duct tape designs. Helpful hints and how to master your sticky-fingered hands into making objects of wonder will be shared once a month! This program is for students in grades 3 and up. Registration required.
- Tween Lego Club – Build with the classic Hall of Fame toy! Independent building and team building will be explored with creative themes. For constructors entering grades 3-6. This is a registration-only program and parents are asked to stay in the library.
- Tween Crochet Club – This is a beginner’s crochet class that runs for five weeks for kids in grades 3-6. Materials will be provided. Registration required.
- Tween and Teen Fashion Sewing – Join us on the first Wednesday of each month for easy fashion sewing by hand. All materials will be provided. Attendees are encouraged to bring favorite fabric scraps from home to swap with each other. Basic sewing skills are recommended. Registration required.
- Tween and Teen Comic and Manga Club – Come share your favorite comics and manga with other comic lovers, create a story board and learn how comics are made. No registration required.
Other programs are offered seasonally.