The Law Library
The Lycoming County Law Library will be located in the James V. Brown Library through the end of 2017. The Law Library extends service to attorneys and the general public during regular library hours.
For help using the collection please contact any member of our Information Services Staff.
The Print collection includes
- Pennsylvania state and United States federal primary and secondary law;
- Ordinances for Lycoming County, the City of Williamsport, all county boroughs and townships;
- A collection of law summaries and other self-help materials on civil, criminal, business, estate, family, financial and housing topics;
WestLawNext (in library use only)
WestlawNext includes searchable legal resources for the state of Pennsylvania, such as Pennsylvania Cases, Pennsylvania Statutes Annotated, Pennsylvania Court Rules, and the Pennsylvania Administrative Code. It also includes journals and law reviews. WestLawNext is searchable by subject, name, date, and citation.
Our reference staff can assist members and patrons
- Locate materials on specific topics
- Use the professional legal collection, including the Lexis database
- Identify community resources that might aid the resolution of an issue
NOTE: By Pennsylvania Law, library staff CANNOT:
- Interpret legal material.
- Give legal advice.
- Select forms, or
- Recommend language for use the legal documents.