The results are in and the winners of the second annual ConnectWilliamsport.com photo contest have been announced.
Throughout the summer months, local amateur and professional photographers were encouraged to submit entries using the theme, “Picture What You Geek,” for the chance to have their photo featured on the ConnectWilliamsport community calendar homepage at www.connectwilliamsport.com. ConnectWilliamsport is the region’s most comprehensive events calendar.
The judges selected one winner and one honorable mention in each category, according to Robin Glossner, development director for the James V. Brown Library. The library will print the photos for display the library during September’s First Friday. After that, the winning photos will be displayed on the third floor of the library.
The winning photos were taken in Lycoming County and highlighted the best of local events in activities in the following categories:
- Arts Music and Entertainment: Hannah Harris, “The Beauty of Song featuring Dave Brumbaugh and Morgan Myles,” first place, and Brittany Lisson, “They Geek Music,” honorable mention.
- Family Fun: Kimberly Cassel, “Puddles,” first place, and Bekki Herbst submitted “They Geek Superheroes,” photo by Amy Brink, honorable mention.
- Special Events: Jessica Welshans, “9-11 Ride,” first place, and Brittany Lisson, “Parade,” honorable mention.
- Games and Sports: Darrian McClellan, “Williamsport Area High School Millionaires,” first place, and Rose-Marie Gross, “Tubing,” honorable mention.
- Downtown Nightlife: Rick Matukonis, “Duet Ann Kerstetter and Miz Ida,” first place, and Lyndsey Hewitt, “Brewers Meeting,” honorable mention.
- Community and Local Government: Joan Segraves, “Coming Home,” first place, and Jessica Welshans, “Wildfire Training,” honorable mention.
- Business and Education: Lyndsey Hewitt, “Port Drive-In Projectionist,” first place; and Lyndsey Hewitt, “Fashion at the Pajama Factory,” honorable mention.
- Health and Wellness: Erin Edmonds, “Boys at the Berry Farm,” first place, and Darrian McClellan, “Rose Valley Lake,” honorable mention.
First-place winners in each category will receive a $25 Visa gift card, ConnectWilliamsport T-shirt and coffee mug and the honorable mention winners will receive a mug. The judges were local photographer Emily Kane, PortObserver.com writer and editor Matthew Parrish and Penny Lutz, gallery manager at the Gallery at Penn College.
“The winning photos will be used on the sliders on the ConnectWilliamsport.com homepage and in other ConnectWilliamsport marketing materials,” Glossner added.
For more information, visit http://www.connectwilliamsport.com/contact-us.