The Lycoming County Law Library has been located in the James V. Brown Library since 2006. The Law Library models intergovernmental and private cooperation in the county, extending service to attorneys and general public alike, during regular library hours.
The Print Collection includes:
- Pennsylvania state and United States federal primary and secondary law;
- Ordinances for Lycoming County, the City of Williamsport, all county boroughs and townships;
- A collection of law summaries and other self-help materials on civil, criminal, business, estate, family, financial and housing topics;
Online Resources Include: palawlibrary.com – (available for use at the James V. Brown Library) in the Winters Room allows you to:
Search Pennsylvania cases, legal newspapers (The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly), jury verdicts & settlements, trial listings, and related suits filed information. The site also features daily court notices, Pa. D&C Reports, an Attorney Directory and the most current PA state and local court rules.
This premium subscription web site provides an easy method to gain access to authoritative legal information with precision. Palawlibrary makes your life easier. Designed exactly for the legal professional working in the state of Pennsylvania and local counties.
The Lexis database is available at no cost for state and federal statutes, cases and administrative law.
It has legal and government information from one of the premier legal publishers available online. LexisNexis includes Pennsylvania statutes (Purdon’s), Pennsylvania code, all court orders (state and federal), Pennsylvania case law, Pennsylvania court rules, U.S. Code Service, Shepard’s Citation Service, Federal case law, and state case law from all 50 states.
With Gale Legal Forms you create accurate, reliable legal documents with no hassle or stress. Gale is pleased to provide an electronic resource designed to simplify the way legal documents are prepared and utilized.
Gale Legal Forms is comprehensive in the various types of legal documents made available. Our forms are officially approved and used at typical law firms. Completed sample forms are also included.
Information is also available on the following legal issues.
- Copyright Law and the Web
- Court Addresses in Pennsylvania
- Create a Will
- Credit Reports
- Criminal Offenses in Pennsylvania
- Debtor – Creditor Issues
- Divorce in Pennsylvania
- Driving Privileges Suspension
- Eviction in Pennsylvania
- Expungement of ARD Records
- Expungement of Criminal Records
- Federal Law Resources on the Web
- Living Wills in Pennsylvania
- Lycoming County Resources on the Web
- Marriage and Divorce Basics in Pennsylvania
- Ordinances (digitized version)
- Pennsylvania Law Resources on the Web
- Pennsylvania’s Right-to-Know Law
- Power of Attorney in Pennsylvania
- Restoration of Driving Privileges
- Stalking Laws in Pennsylvania
- What to Do If You Are Arrested
Our reference staff can assist members and patrons locate materials on specific topics, use the professional legal collection, including the Lexis database, and identify community resources that might aid the resolution of an issue.
NOTE: By Pennsylvania Law, library staff CANNOT:
- Interpret legal material.
- Give legal advice.
- Select forms, or
- Recommend language for use the legal documents.
The library is open weekday from 9am to 8pm and weekends from 12-5pm.