The Brown Library has a Library ELF – Keeping tabs on your library materials
(Click on the sign up link at the top of the eBranch page)
Let Elf help you manage your library loans and holds
- Avoid over due fees with email alerts
- Check multiple library cards
- Track books, DVDs, CDs, videos, etc.
- Join for free
Who uses Elf?
- Anyone who wants to reduce overdues
- Families with children and lots of books
- Individuals with several library cards
- Anyone who requests a lot of holds
- Email and/or RSS alerts before items are due
- Email and/or RSS alerts on overdues and holds
- Consolidated list of yours or your family’s library loans and holds
- Cell phone text message alerts for holds (US and Canada)
- Real-time checking by browser
Elf is a web-based and email tool for library users to keep track of their library borrowings. Elf is like a personal assistant, whose task is to help with keeping track of what one has on loan from the library.
Designed with the busy or avid library user in mind, Elf is ideal for families with multiple library cards or for individuals (writers, researchers, students, readers, etc.) who have cards from different libraries.
Elf makes it easier to keep track of what’s due, overdue or ready for pickup from one or more library accounts. Users have the option to consolidate their library accounts into one account if they wish. This account is checked everyday and email notices are sent when items are coming due, overdue or when holds are ready for pickup. As well, get up-to-date real-time information by browser.
“I encourage every person I know to sign up for Library Elf. An opportunity to be reminded of things that in the long run will save us money is an opportunity I wouldn’t pass up, and did I mention, it is free?” states Amanda Emig, deceiving for those who know she’s an employee.
Subscribe to Library Elf Here (Click on the sign up link at the top of the eBranch page)