Lycoming County Law Library
Using our Resources
- Local Township & Borough Ordinances – digitized versions available online
- The Law Library is a Pennsylvania-based collection of print materials for attorneys and individuals. The Law Library provides on-site online access to LexisNexis and palawlibrary.com for additional Pennsylvania and federal resources.
- We have a collection of books designed for the layperson and those of us who haven’t been to law school. If we don’t have it, either in print or online, we can find it – usually within a business day.
- Help and Assistance: For help using the collection please contact any member of our Information Services Staff or Alex Hartmann – Legal Librarian at 326-0536 ext. 139 or by e-mail.
- About the Law Library
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Copyright Law and the Web
- Court Addresses in Pennsylvania
- Create a Will
- Credit Reports
- Criminal Offenses in Pennsylvania
- Debtor – Creditor Issues
- Divorce and Family Issue Mediation
- Divorce in Pennsylvania
- Driving Privileges Suspension
- Eviction in Pennsylvania
- Expungement of ARD Records
- Expungement of Criminal Records
- Federal Law Resources on the Web
- In Forma Pauperis Petitions
- Living Wills in Pennsylvania
- Lycoming County Resources on the Web
- Marijuana and Pennsylvania Law
- Marriage and Divorce Basics in Pennsylvania
- Ordinances (digitized version)
- Pennsylvania Law Resources on the Web
- Pennsylvania’s Right-to-Know Law
- Power of Attorney in Pennsylvania
- Restoration of Driving Privileges
- Stalking Laws in Pennsylvania
- Understanding the Court Structure in Pennsylvania
- Voir Dire in Pennsylvania
- What to Do If You Are Arrested
- What to Do if You are Called as a Witness
- Wills in Pennsylvania
eCard required to login | Get an eCard
Take the law into your own hands and fingertips and create accurate, reliable legal documents with no hassle or stress. Gale is pleased to provide an electronic resource designed to simplify the way legal documents are prepared and utilized.
Gale Legal Forms is comprehensive in the various types of legal documents made available. Our forms are “attorney forms,” officially approved forms actually used at a typical law firm and very different from those documents found in “form books” — generic, do-it-yourself documents that may not have been drafted by an attorney. Completed sample forms are also included.
Available for use at the James V. Brown Library in the Winters Room.
Search Pennsylvania cases, legal newspapers (The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly), jury verdicts & settlements, trial listings, and suits filed information. The site also features daily court notices, Pa. D&C Reports, an Attorney Directory and the most up to date PA state and local court rules.
This premium subscription web site provides an easy method to gain access to authoritative legal information with precision. Palawlibrary makes your life easier. While other online sources may offer access to information nonspecific to your daily demands, palawlibrary gives an in depth package for your everyday needs. Designed exactly for the legal professional working in the state of Pennsylvania and local counties. (+) More Information
WestlawNext is available for use at the Lycoming County Law Library located at the James V. Brown Library (in the Winters Room). No remote access is available for this service.
Explore the strengths that differentiate WestlawNext:
- Trusted expertise and commitment to accuracy means that you can build the strongest argument with total confidence.
- WestSearch®, the world’s most advanced legal search engine, incorporates 125 years of our proprietary analysis of the law to deliver the best results faster.
- Folder sharing enables you to tap into previous research across department and organizational boundaries like never before.
- Award-winning WestlawNext® iPad® app gives you access to your research anytime, anywhere – even when offline.
- Maximize your research with the proven advantages of WestlawNext. Thousands of legal professionals are making the switch – because they won’t find these features anywhere else.
The following modules are provided:
- Corpus Juris Secondum (National Legal Encyclopedia)
- All Analytical Library [including all series of ALR and American Jurisprudence]
- All Primary Law [all 50 states appellate and above cases, with the full Federal complement]
- Environmental Practioner Counselor for Pennsylvania
- Form Finder for Pennsylvania
- Graphical Statutes, PastStat Locator for Pennsylvania
- Jury Instructions for Pennsylvania
- Jury Verdicts Combined
- New York Analystical Library
- Pennsylvania Analytical Library and Pennsylvania Criminal Secondary for Patron Access
PA LawHELP.org is a guide to legal information and free civil legal services for low-income persons and seniors in Pennsylvania. Here you can locate information on a variety of legal issues, as well as information on how to contact programs providing legal assistance in Pennsylvania. This includes basic eligibility and contact information for the programs proving free legal assistance in Pennsylvania.
The mission of North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) is to provide civil legal representation to low-income people and ensure equal access to justice for all. As a regional non-profit provider of civil legal aid for more than 40 years, NPLS offers assistance with the following civil legal problems:
- Public Benefits
- Domestic Violence